Massage & Bodywork (also called the science of touch and the laying on of hands) is the oldest form of healing known to mankind. For example, a child hurts him/her self runs to its mother crying, mother takes the child holds the child rub the child tells the child that every thing is ok, the child jumps up runs back out side to play. A person is playing Frisbee goes up to make a catch accidentally rams their thigh onto a very hard object. The first reaction is to shout out an obscenity simultaneously grabbing the area of pain rubbing profusely until the pain goes away. What happened that was initiated by your rubbing that made the pain go away? When you put that in a scientific format you have massage therapy or the science of touch.
Address: 6536 Telegraph Ave, Oakland, CA 94609
Phone: (510) 654-2960
When: Regular massage causes muscles to become firmer and more elastic. Further, regular massage prevents and relieves stiffness and muscle soreness. Injury to the body heals more quickly when regular massage is given because it decreases connective tissue build- up and scarring. It is suggested that one get massage once a week at first until desired results are achieved and then on some type of regular bases, but at least once a month.
Where: Magical Transformation Massage & Bodywork studio “where quality massage is made affordable” located at the Oakland Berkeley border (6536 Telegraph avenue suite b203) this is the place where the master system is done. The master system is the harmonious integration of Swedish massage, shiatsu massage, deep tissue massage, range of motion, joint mobilization, and neuromuscular Re-education, performed by yours truly (Ahkeem) a veteran of massage and bodywork techniques.
Different massage techniques are chosen for there specific effects. Massage therapist who know how to apply massage techniques to obtain specific effect will be more successful in achieving the goal that you desire.
Why: An increasing number of research studies show massage reduces heart rate, lowers blood pressure, increases blood circulation and lymph flow, relaxes muscles, improves range of motion, and increases endorphins (enhancing medical treatment). Although therapeutic massage does not increase muscle strength, it can stimulate weak inactive muscles and thus partially compensate for lack of exercise and inactivity resulting from illness or injury.
Research has also verified that: Office workers massaged regularly were more alert, performed better and were less stressed than those who weren’t massaged.
Looking for a gift?
Magical Transformations offers 60 minutes Gift Certificate and 90 minutes Gift Certificate
The beneficial effects of massage
- Massage dilates the blood vessels, improving the circulation and relieving congestion through out the body.
- Massage increases the number of red blood cells especially in cases of anemia.
- Massage acts like a “mechanical cleanser”, stimulating lymph circulation and hastening the elimination of wastes and toxic debris.
- Massage relaxes muscle spasm and relieves tension.
- Massage increases blood supply and nutrition to muscles without adding to their load of toxic lactic acid, produced through voluntary muscle contraction.
- Massage improves muscle tone and helps prevent or delay muscular atrophy resulting from forced inactivity.
- Massage can compensate in part for lack of exercise and muscle contraction in persons who because of injury, illness or age are forced to remain inactive. In these cases, massage helps to return venous blood to the heart and so eases the strain on this vital organ.
- Massage may have a sedative, stimulating or even exhausting effect on the nervous system depending on the type and length of massage treatment given.
- Massage increases the excretion (via the kidneys) of fluids and waste products of protein metabolism, inorganic phosphorus and salt in normal individuals
- Massage stretches connective tissue improves its circulation and nutrition and so breaks down or prevent the formation of adhesions and reduce the danger of fibroses.
- Massage improves the circulation and nutrition of joints and hastens the elimination of harmful deposits. It helps lessen inflammation and swelling in joints and so elevates pain.
- Massage disperses the edema following injury to ligaments and tendons, lessens pain and facilitates movement.
- Massage makes you feel good!
You can see some pictures in the Gallery or read what my clients think of my massages.